Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Fun!

Last week when I went out to Michaels to look for entryway trees, I also stopped in World Market to look around.  Inside I found a pre-made and pre-assembled Gingerbread House!  I have tried before to put a pre-made Gingerbread House together with little success, so I thought this would be great.  So we decorated it  this past weekend. 




It came with food coloring paste to tint the icing red or green.  This was mainly so you could make your own candy to decorate the house with and I decided too much tinted icing was a bad idea for CT!  So after making a little icing red, we just stuck to white.  The kit did come with some candy like gummy bears, jelly beans, candy canes, and sprinkles but there wasn't much.  So, I had some skittles left over from Halloween, so we used those too.  CT wasn't sure if he was supposed to eat them or throw them!?!  Eventually he did catch on to sticking them on the house.  It was lots of fun and we hope to do this every year!!


 
 



 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hot glue is the key. You have to glue the walls together and then cover then with icing. Works like a charm.

BE said...

We did houses for the first time this year too. I'll have to post some pics. Pre-assembled may be the way we go next year too. It turned out cute though and of course C is always cute as can be.