CT's first day of preschool was today!! Back in May, we decided that we would like to start CT in preschool for this year. Since I'm new to preschool stuff, I had no idea that you sign up for preschool around February. That meant all the schools were on a waiting list by May! A patient of mine recommended the preschool she works at and another preschool in our area. Both had waiting lists, but this school had a shorter one. So we signed him up, but figured he wouldn't get in this year and we would just wait until next year. The director called right before his birthday to say she had an open spot and we decided to go ahead and get him enrolled!
So, in just a few short weeks, we got everything he needed for school. Last week was Open House and the Parent meeting. CT did great at the Open House and loved the train table in his classroom. He played and never even looked to see if I was still close by :( We told him all about what he would do at school and showed him the playground. He was loving school by then!
Today was the first official day. He did so well! When you first get there in the mornings they have to pick up there fish name tag and go put it in their fish bowl on the wall. He remembered doing this at Open House and once I showed him the fish, he went straight for the wall. Although, he didn't put it in HIS fish bowl at first. He was in too big a hurry to get to the train table! I stayed for a few minutes and then told him I would see him after school. No tears at all! I saved my tears until I got to the car!
That afternoon, I lined up in the Pick-up line. For some reason, I had a harder time doing this than dropping him off that morning! I tried to hold back my tears so I wouldn't be all read-faced when I drove up to the awning. His teacher brought him to the car and said he had a great day! He looked sweaty and red-faced like he had lots of fun. He gave me his "treat" for having a good day (smarties) and asked me to open it! On the ride home, he told me that he played on the slide, "got dizzy", listened to a story with "Puddles" (Mr. Cuddles - the class mascot).
After a little wind down time at home, we tried to take a nap around 1:30. He was having none of it and pitched a royal fit! Normally, he goes right down for a nap with no fussing, but it's usually at 12:30. After about 5 minutes of crying he feel asleep, only to wake back up about 40 minutes later. What?!? I'm thinking to myself, I know he's tired! I went up to try to rock him, but that didn't work. So then we read a book and I told him he had to take a nap. I laid him back down even though he was screaming and after about 10 minutes, he fell back asleep. He has been sleeping since and we are going on an hour and half now.
I really hope this doesn't become the new normal!!
Walgreens Ad & Coupons: 10/4-10/10
4 hours ago

2 comments:
he looks so grown up with his bookbag on! i'm about to start crying myself...!
Love the pics. I'm glad he like preschool, it is a bit easier to leave them happy rather than crying. L is loving preschool too. :)
Post a Comment