As I mentioned before, these won't be in order. So here's some fun from CT's birthday party from this past weekend...
We decided to do a Thomas the Tank Engine party this year since CT loves trains and especially Thomas and Percy. He has a few Thomas DVDs that he loves to watch and we also went to Tweetsie a few months back to spend a "Day Out with Thomas". FYI - those photos are locked on my camera memory and when I find the correct cord to transfer them to the computer, I will update you all :)
My goal this year was to keep it simple! Last year was tons of fun, but a lot more stress than I anticipated! So this year we decided on a morning party (so we could get in our after lunch nap), snacks and cake only, and a simple and familiar location. Last year we had some trouble with the park grill and having it late in the afternoon made it seem like an all-day party!
I decided to keep the cake simple as well. Last year I ordered CT's cake from a local bakery that I love, but unfortunately they aren't convenient when it comes time to pick the cake up and much more expensive. So I decide on cupcakes and a small "patty cake" from our grocery store. I planned to have the patty cake made so that I could add Thomas and Percy to the top and then a simple "2" candle. The day before the party, I went out to Target to get the snack food and as I passed through the bakery, I noticed a Thomas cake! It was ready to purchase and looked great! I couldn't believe they just happened to a Chocolate Thomas cake! So we canceled the patty cake (they hadn't made it yet) and ended up with way too much cake and cupcakes, but the cake was too cute to pass up!
After lots of sugar and playing on the playground, we decided to open gifts. The first gift was some Thomas toys which he wanted to open right away and from there we went down hill! Our 2year old decided if it wasn't a toy, he didn't want to open it and he wasn't going to be nice about it either! He didn't understand why we couldn't get the toys out of their boxes. I was about to decide to stop opening gifts, but my sis and mom helped us get through them fast and thankfully we made it through without an all-out melt down! Needless to say, after the party we were barely in the car before CT was fast asleep!
Happy Birthday to my precious 2 year old boy!!
Walgreens Ad & Coupons: 10/4-10/10
4 hours ago

2 comments:
simple is the way to go. You are right big parties can be fun, but can be a lot of stress too. The cake is too cute, I would have thought you specially ordered it. Love the pics. :)
I feel so much pride at my pictures that turned out so much better than i thought they would...
my second favorite (only to the one where he's trying to blow the train whistle) is the one where he's starting to fuss b/c the gift wasn't a toy... heavenly day! "that juice", cake, heat and being sleepy do not make for a great combo! ;) glad he made it through it though - and relatively well in the end!
Post a Comment