CT started getting a cough this past weekend, but it was a dry cough with no other symptoms. Most of Sunday night he cough and it kept him tossing and turning all night. He woke up around 4am and wouldn't go back to sleep on his on, so I changed his diaper, checked his temp (98) and then rocked him back to sleep. I let him sleep until right before we had to leave and he slept great. Most of Monday he just had a little runny nose, but not much of a cough according to Mamaw. Later that night his cough turned into a croupy cough and still runny nose but no fever. Yesterday, he started with diarrhea! He had 3 runny diapers before lunch, but was then fine the rest of the day and still no fever. This morning he woke up with a messy diaper and has had one other runny diaper since. I always debate on if I should go ahead and get him to the doctor or not?!? He is acting fine and coughing less today, but I don't know! I just wish we could stay well! I should be thankful, he really hasn't been sick much, but when it does happen, it's no fun!!
3 comments:
It's hard to know when you should call and when you should wait. If he's eating and drinking plenty of fluids and the cough seems better. I would wait. They can't do to much for colds. However, with diarrhea, you don't want him to get dehydrated either. You can always call and talk to a nurse and they can tell you what you should look for and if you should bring him.
L has a runny nose to, no coughing and thankfully no diarrhea. I am hoping the runny nose does not turn into an ear infection.
Hope C feels better and sleeps tonight for you. :(
Thanks! We ended up not going to the doctor. His diarrhea is loose but not watery (gross, I know) so I'm not too concerned with dehydration yet. Still eating and drinking as usual and the cough is better unless he is trying to sleep. Then he seems to cough a lot. Both naps today didn't last very long, but so far the night sleep is going better. So for now, we are going to wait and see if there is any change.
Hope he's feeling better today!
Post a Comment