Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Cousin on the Way!

This past weekend we had a baby shower for Aunt R.  She is expecting her first baby in February and it's going to be a GIRL!  Back when I was pregnant with CT, Aunt R made me this beautiful diaper cake for my baby shower and so I had to do the same for her shower :)  I don't think of myself as being very creative and so was a bit intimidated by this undertaking!  But, after a lot of research on the internet and some experimenting, I finished the diaper cake.  I'll even have to admit, it was quite fun and not as hard as I imagined it. 

I decided to do the fanned look for the bottom 2 layers instead of rolling it, but for the top diaper layer, I did roll them and then used a receiving blanket to decorate.  The top is a small box filled with goodies made to match her shower invitation.  I also made some cute flowers out of pacifiers and spoons/forks.  I then finished everything off with the pink and white polka dot ribbon.  I hope you guys enjoy the photos....
 
 


The shower was lots of fun...she will be here before we know it!

 

2 comments:

BE said...

I only read the title and thought you were announcing a baby for Jess and Wes. I was getting excited! (I forget you have another side of the family, lol) Anyway, you did a great job on the diaper cake- very cute! The other cake is cute too! Thanks for sharing.

Elaine said...

I'll be sure to let Jess and Wes tell everyone first about babies before I write a blog about it, when that FINALLY happens :) It sure will be exciting but I'm still waiting...

Sorry to get you excited!!